Civil Associates, Inc. is seeking motivated individuals to join our team in Dallas. Our current positions provide excellent opportunities for you to serve our public and private clients with exciting and comprehensive solutions to challenging projects from planning to design to completion. While working at CAI, you will professionally develop your planning, design, and management skills. You will be able to work on many projects, learn from different professionals, and contribute to the success of our clients. We offer on-the-job as well as other training opportunities for recent graduates and provide you the tools, software, and guidance to assist in your professional development. Our family-oriented work environment is professional yet flexible—we have a business-casual environment.
Traffic Engineer (part-time)
We are seeking a Traffic Engineer to work Part-Time with our engineering team on transportation projects in our Dallas office for our private and public clients.
- Prepare traffic impact analyses
- Conduct traffic signal warrants
- Analyze intersection and interchange operations using HCS, SYNCHRO, and VISSIM
- Prepare Plan, Specification and Estimate (PS&E) plans including design of traffic signals, signing and pavement marking, and roadway illumination
- Work with and supervise Engineers in Training and CADD professionals
- Produce drawing layouts, details, and engineering design using MicroStation and Geopak
- Completing and documenting standard calculations necessary for civil engineering plans
- Participate in design meetings with engineering staff to fully understand project expectations
- Work under the direction of multiple project managers
- Quality reviews for completeness and accuracy
- Other projects, tasks, and duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License in Texas. PTOE is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience.
- Proficient in MicroStation V8i and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Geopak experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of HCM, HCS, and SYNCHRO
- Experience producing TxDOT or City/County Schematics and Plans, Specifications, and Estimates for Roadway and Signal projects is required.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team of professionals.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong management and technical skills.
- Schedule driven.
To apply, please submit a resume with salary history and a cover letter outlining how you meet the above qualifications and your desired salary.
Civil Associates, Inc. (CAI) is an equal opportunity employer.